5 januari 2009

To think that 2009 could not get any better than this

As in the aforementioned blog entry of brother Sobhani have bluntly pointed out that my absence of this blog is like a father having abandoned his bastard child, i could not help myself and wonder how long it actually would take me to write something in return as to an answer his unworthy insult. I would like to thank brother Krijgsman though on my behalf for writing such exquisite and entertaining posts about his so called foreign exchange experiences in Xinzhu in my absence. Furthermore I hope that brother Sobhani would find some humanity in his heart to forgive me for not writing this blog for such a long time. Helas, as people would say that time is the number one killer of any human, i should explain something about our financial situation here in Taiwan. 

First, I genuinely hope that my brothers Sobhani and Krijgskamn will receive some better prosperity and fortune in 2009 in the matter of gils or so called earthly green fruit that bears the name of money. Yes their financial situation is still at its finest low thanks to some unfortunate misunderstanding between certain upper decision makers, thankfully brother Sobhani can conveniently depend on his goldpot that he had filled back at our lower nation whereas brother Krijgsman genuinely tries to educate Taiwan toddlers to speak Zeelands Cockney English in exchange for some fresh NTD. I can only pray for them that they will make it till the end of this summer. I applaud and salute them for having so much heart, devotion, patience,  not to mention endurance and strong will power in dealing with Taiwanese bureaucracy. But do not worry my dear readers, surely their salvation is on its way. Their efforts wont be for nothing.  Besides the city xinzhu has been really kind, so no worries.  

Luckily my financial aid as in a form of so called scholarship does not involve such delicate approach as to beg for some food money in order to live, though i still have a bit of an ambiguous feeling about the work/school contract that our Universities have agreed upon, I refuse to wallow in my own despair because having a work agreement with NCCU is beneficial to an certain extent as to getting a having a very good opportunity to learn something about other people's background and at the same time improve their english. Yes, student's here in Taiwan do not get much opportunity to practice their english conversation skills. So as to accommodate this problem NCCU set up an exchange program having foreign students blessed with a proficient english tongue to teach 8 hours of english a week. So my workweek last month consists of teaching 4 classes of english advanced conversation with Taiwanese students. Yes I confess, English is actually my third language and although I lack any teaching capability and having zero teaching experience, I managed to teach 4 to 6 students per class to have them speak out their minds about everyday life issues, such as relationships, interests, about their likes and dislikes. 

So since the last blog, certain things did changed about my mundane life here in Taiwan, Besideds teaching english just to receive my scholarship I also do some translating for the NCCU newsletter...To think that this lazy monkey would actually work in order to survive ... ..... who would have thought....

Geen opmerkingen: